Heartland Trauma Recovery Networks
We are excited to announce that we are in the process of forming 3 Trauma Recovery Networks in the Greater Kansas City area. These changes are due to new requirements through our national organization - Trauma Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program (TR/HAP). All 3 TRNs will collaborate for training and major crisis events within one or more of the 3 Heartland TRN coverage areas. Each TRN will have its own Steering Committee to more effectively serve a smaller geographical area:
♥ Heartland Kansas TRN (serving Johnson and Wyandotte counties)
♥ Heartland Missouri TRN (serving Jackson and Cass counties)
♥ Heartland North Missouri TRN (serving Clay and Platte counties)
What can you do?
1) Heartland Kansas TRN (serving Johnson and Wyandotte counties) mobilized in March 2019 and is currently looking for volunteer EMDR Therapists and Launch Team members. Steering Committee: Michelle Anspaugh and Dusti Powell (Co-Coordinators), Sue Thompson (Consultant) and Tim Leary (Member).
Mission: Our primary mission is to provide EMDR early intervention services to members of the Olathe Police Department who experience trauma resulting from their daily exposure to traumatic events.
Our secondary mission is to maintain a network of licensed mental health practitioners who serve children and adults suffering from trauma related to large scale natural or human-made disasters in Johnson and Wyandotte Counties.
Model: We will provide up to ten pro bono sessions, in clinicians’ office, to individuals using the Recent Event Protocol. In addition, Heartland Kansas TRN volunteers will be provided education in the unique culture of the first responder community.
What are the requirements to volunteer?
1. Mental health professional currently licensed in good standing with their professional board issued by the State of Kansas
2. Maintain an office in Johnson or Wyandotte Counties
3. Complete EMDR Basic Training (EMDRIA approved Part 1 and 2 and 10 hours of consultation)
4. Hold current professional liability coverage (minimum $1 million/$3 million). If coverage is provided through your employing organization, the organization must provide a statement extending the coverage to the volunteer work done by the therapist.
5. Register as a volunteer with our national organization, Trauma Recovery/HAP. This will allow you to complete the online application process and select our regional TRN - the Heartland KS TRN. To register, click here.
(*Please note - If you are already a member to Trauma Recovery/HAP, please click here to select the Heartland KS TRN. You will need your TR/HAP username and password.)
2) Heartland Missouri TRN (serving Jackson and Cass counties) is seeking EMDR therapists interested in serving with Coordinator, Jan Laws, on the Steering Committee. An EMDRIA Approved Consultant and at least 1 additional member is needed. The Heartland MO TRN will have a similar mission to the Heartland KS TRN. If you are interested, please contact Jan.
3) Heartland North Missouri TRN (serving Clay and Platte counties) is in search of a Coordinator, EMDRIA Approved Consultant, and at least 1 additional member to form a Steering Committee. The Heartland North MO TRN will have a mission similar to the Heartland KS TRN. If you are interested, please contact Michelle, Dusti, or Jan.
Stay Tuned for Further Updates on this Heartland TRN web page.