Sat, Nov 03|
KU Edwards Campus Regents Center Rm #110
Greater KC EMDRIA Regional Network Meeting & Workshop: Introduction to the Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children
Learn to implement EMDR to strengthen attachments, develop self-regulation, and heal attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, early medical trauma, or caregiver changes. You'll be able to immediately apply innovative strategies to help children with even the most severe behaviors.
Time & Location
Nov 03, 2018, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
KU Edwards Campus Regents Center Rm #110, 12600 Quivira Rd, Overland Park, KS 66213, USA
About The Event
This is a practical workshop that is rich with creative interventions, inspiring cases, and numerous videos that will allow you to leave the workshop prepared to:
● Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
● Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
● Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
● Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck thinking.
● Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
● Learn to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues to create an effective family-EMDR treatment team.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Registration & Networking
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Greater Kansas City EMDRIA Regional Network Meeting
9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Workshop
10:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Workshop continues
$25 for EMDRIA members; to join EMDRIA click here
$35 for Non-EMDRIA members
Seating is limited to the first 88 paid registrations.
Workshop Handouts will be emailed to paid registrants prior to the meeting.
Partial EMDR Training Required: This program is open to clinicians who are at least partially trained in EMDR. This workshop is not an EMDR basic training. It is recommended that attendees complete the full EMDR basic training and have experience in using EMDR before using this material.
Approved for 3.0 EMDRIA Credits. Eligibility for EMDRIA Credits is restricted to those who have completed an EMDRIA-Approved Basic EMDR Training. Attendees who are partially trained in EMDR are not eligible to receive EMDRIA Credits.
J. Lawrence Nieters, EC provider #RC99014, maintains responsibility for this program and its content in accordance with EMDRIA requirements.
The program site is ADA compliant. Please contact Susan Wulff, LPC at firstname.lastname@example.org if special accommodations are required.